Aromatic Tummy Gummies
- 1 cup chopped and pureed fruit. (Puree fruit with water in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup lavender hydrosol
- 1/4 cup water *Can divide between water and honey or maple syrup if more sweet is desired.
- 6 drops Fennel essential oil* (Foeniculum vulgare var. dulce) *Optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (preferably freshly squeezed!)
- 4 – 1 ounce packets of gelatin powder *Can use regular or beef gelatin
- Using a blender or food processor, combine fruit, hydrosol, and water together.
- Pour mixture into medium sized stainless-steel sauce pan and place on medium heat. Add in tablespoon of lemon juice. Then slowly add in gelatin. I recommend using a medium sized whisk to stir constantly while adding in gelatin powder. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved then remove from heat. Add in essential oil or synergy.
- Pour mixture into molds (see here) or into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. If using mold, place mold on tray so that it is easy to move to fridge after pouring mixture.
- Allow to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Can leave in fridge over night.
- Gummies are ready to enjoy. Store in glass container in fridge or cool area of kitchen.
Be creative with the recipe by adding in different hydrosols with different fruits. I made some gummies this summer with nettle hydrosol and a bit of honey (approx. 1/8 cup) to sweeten them up a bit. Yummy! Other hydrosols to consider: Rose (Rosa damascena), Peppermint (Mentha x piperita), or Spearmint (Menta spicata). Can also add herbal teas. Have fun!
Recommend using only 5-6 drops total! We used 6 drops of Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare var. dulce) and that was more then sufficient! Other essential oils to consider: spearmint (Mentha spicata), peppermint (Mentha x piperita) 3-4 drops, ginger essential oil (Zingiber officinale) 4-5 drops, Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum), Coriander seed (Coriandrum sativum), or lavender (Lavandula angustifolia).