Recipe for Cold Sore Lip Balm
Makes: Approx. 7-8 0.15 lip balm tubes
8.55 g / 0.30 oz Shea butter
5.70 g / 0.20 oz Mango butter
7.98 g / 0.28 oz Cocoa butter
22.77 g / 0.80 oz Tamanu oil
11.40 g / 0.40 oz Beeswax
25 drops Melissa syn. Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) essential oil
15 drops Eucalyptus globulus
Steps to Make Lip Balm:
- Weigh all ingredients. Use glass prep bowls for butters and beeswax and a glass beaker or measuring cup for tamanu oil.
- Place beeswax into double boiler. Allow to melt almost completely, then add in mango butter, shea butter, and tamanu oil.
- Just before all the above ingredients have melted completely, add in cocoa butter (you don’t want to overheat cocoa butter!).
- Stir with stainless steel fork until all all ingredients are melted and well combined.
- Remove pot from heat and wipe bottom of pot to remove all moisture.
- Add in essential oils and stir well.
- Fill lip balm tubes carefully (or use lip balm filling tray).
- Allow tubes to sit and harden.
- After lip balms have hardened, ff any mixture has spilled on sides, gently wipe off with paper towel.
- Place caps on tubes.
- Label with name and ingredients.