Inspire: Aromatherapy Teacher Training
With Jade Shutes
Become a Certified Aromatherapy Teacher
Inspire! Aromatherapy Teacher Training
Teaching individuals about essential oils is so much more than just explaining what they are and how best to use them. It goes much deeper than that. And throughout our signature teacher training program you will be inspired and empowered to effectively and with love and a bit of humor, teach aromatherapy too!
Join Jade Shutes for our online aromatherapy teacher training program. The course is designed to cultivate your unique skills and talents so that you may become an inspiring teacher with a unique and compelling teaching style.
Our Certified Aromatherapy Teacher Level I Training Program is designed for anyone passionate about educating others about essential oils in a meaningful and profound way. This unique program will provide the foundation, structure, tools and skills necessary to becoming an effective, dynamic, engaging and confident Certified Aromatherapy Teacher (CAT), Level I.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to confidently design, teach and market short program classes and workshops, ranging from 45 minutes to a full day or weekend.
Aromatherapy is fast becoming one of the hottest trends in the mindful wellness and lifestyle movement and as awareness of their healing properties continues to grow, so does the need for trusted, experienced, educated and authentic educators.
Inspire! Aromatherapy Teacher Training
This program will show you, step by step, how to be an extraordinary teacher. Taught by one of the field’s most dynamic and pioneering thought leaders, with 30+ years of experience, you will have the kind of personal attention and hands-on experience rarely offered in traditional teacher training programs.
This course will focus on preparing you to teach within a classroom setting as well as within your community. The role of a teacher, meaningfully connecting and inspiring others, extends to many parts of our lives outside of the classroom, so this program welcomes anyone who wishes to take their passion for essential oils to the next level, and develop the skills necessary to effectively convey the power of Aromatherapy and aromatic plant medicine to their clients, patients, social network, and perhaps most importantly, their community. This course also completes the pre-requisite for our Level 2 Teacher Training which trains you to be able to teach our Level One Certification course.
Who should take this course?
Aromatherapists looking to start an Aromatherapy School.
- Learn what it takes to set up your own Aromatherapy School, for in-person and online classes.
Holistic Wellness Professionals, and Aromatherapy Entrepreneurs looking to expand their business offerings.
- Learn how to design and market introductory short form aromatherapy classes for corporate events, arts and wellness venues and private parties.
Organic Beauty Brand Owners looking to train and educate their sales and administrative teams.
- Learn how to design and structure introductory essential oil educational materials to be used for training team members of wellness and beauty brands.
Aromatherapists looking to teach introductory short form Aromatherapy Classes to friends, family and sales networks.
- Learn the simple steps you need to design and teach fun and exciting Aromatherapy Classes that will have your students wanting more!
What you will learn:
- Theories of Education; What makes an effective and inspiring teacher?
- Teaching Styles and Methods; Who is your audience? What’s the most effective style to reach them; Instructional Practices.
- Creating your teaching space/classroom
- How to organize learning materials so students get the most out of your classes
- How to create an inspiring The Lesson Plan
- Course supplies and resources.
- Explore different learning styles and behaviors
- Skills to listen and recognize students’ unique contributions, gifts and different ways of absorbing information.
- Teaching tools; visuals, activities, group and partnering work
- How to teach an essential oil: Jades signature approach
- Ways in which to connect to aromatic plants in the class room
- How to handle challenging personalities, and tips to encourage and inspire action.
- Teaching the Essential Wellness and Essential Therapeutic courses: presentations and customizing lesson plans.
- The business of teaching; Marketing, Legalities, Pricing
- Experiential teaching exercises throughout course.
Meet Your Instructor
Jade Shutes is an aromatherapist, herbalist, author, educator, researcher, gardener, and aromatic distiller.
She holds a Diploma in Holistic Aromatherapy, Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology, and Reflexology from the Raworth College of Natural Medicine in Dorking, UK, and a Diploma in Aromatherapy from the International Therapist Examining Board (ITEC). She also holds a certificate in herbal medicine.
An aromatherapy practitioner, researcher, and educator for over three decades, Jade is passionate about aromatics and believes the sense of smell is one of the most powerful senses for healing the mind/body/psyche in this era of upheaval and change. She is considered a thought leader in the aromatherapy community and is highly respected for her balanced, progressive, and inspiring education.
Jade is the founder and visionary of the School for Aromatic Studies. She is the past president for the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (2000-2003 and 2013-2015), author of “Aromatherapy for Bodyworkers”, co-author of “The Carrier Oil Palette”, and the main author (85-90%) of the “Ultimate Guide to Aromatherapy”.
Are there prerequisites?
Yes. To attend the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program (Level 1), you need to have completed a Foundations of Aromatherapy training. A foundations level training from any school approved by NAHA is good too!
Does this course offer CE hours for aromatherapists?
Yes, our Aromatherapy Teacher Training program is approved by the NCBTMB for 35 CE hours. This program also qualifies for 35 CE hours through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
Are you an approved school by a professional aromatherapy organization?
Yes, we are an approved school through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA). We are also an approved provider through the NCBTMB.
Will I be able to teach an aromatherapy certification course?
No. That is our Level Two Teacher Training course.
The main emphasis of the Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training certification program is on community education. This is by far the largest area of growth for aromatherapy education.
The Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training Certificate course has been designed to teach individuals how to create community education. You will leave being able to teach the “Essential Wellness” and “Essential Therapeutics” courses along with the ability to design and teach 2 – 3 hour presentations to a full day class.
What makes your programs different from all the others?
The School for Aromatic Studies is one of the leading schools in North America. We are often asked, What makes our school unique? I believe one of the most unique features is our balanced, progressive & inspiring education that leads to the cultivation of a new generation of aromatherapists to emerge and succeed!
What do I need to do to complete certification?
Each student will need to complete the following to successfully complete the Teacher Training Program (Level One):
- Design a short class (exact exercise will be handed out during class).
- Complete all lessons in course.
What supplies are required?
There are no supplies required for this course!
Did you say I have access to the course for Life?
Yes, once you register for an online course, it is yours for life.
Can I sign up if I don’t live in the United States?
Yes! We have students from all over the world taking courses with us. The presentation is in English.
Does this course include a session with Jade?
Pay in Full
Pay in 2 Payments