With Instructor: Jade Shutes
The Advanced Aromatic Chemistry Certificate program has been designed for massage therapists, estheticians, nurses, healthcare providers and individuals interested in advancing their knowledge and applications of the chemistry of essential oils. It is a self-paced, self study program devoted to uncovering the science that supports the therapeutic efficacy of essential oils in a wide range of settings.
This is an advanced aromatherapy education program. A Foundations aromatherapy certification program is recommended but not required.
This online course is self-paced. Begin as soon as you sign up!
Course Overview: Core Topics
- Aromatic Plants and Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Overview
- The Biosynthesis of Essential Oil Constituents
- Chemistry: Its place in our field
- In-depth coverage of research on components found in essential oils and how this supports the therapeutic activity of essential oils.
- Synergism in Essential Oils
- Understanding the Structure-Energy System
- Up-to-date research on the pharmacological activity of a wide range of components commonly found in essential oils.
Course Enrollment Information
- Exclusive online Advanced Aromatic Chemistry manual written by Jade Shutes
- Life time access to the Aromatic Chemistry online program designed and written by Jade Shutes
- Email/phone tutorial support
- Review of case studies, biograms and exam.
- Certificate for Advanced Aromatic Chemistry (75 hours)
- CE hours for massage therapists (14 hours) and registered aromatherapists (75 hours).
- Student kits and/or supplies to be purchased separately.
Upon successful completion of Aromatic Chemistry, you will be able to:
- Define what a plant is.
- Define the term Organic chemistry.
- Explain the two main types of chemical bonding.
- List and describe the families of organic compounds and their general therapeutic properties.
- Specify the principal biosynthetic pathways which produce specific organic compounds.
- Discuss a wide range of isolated chemical components that contribute to the therapeutic action of individual essential oils.
- List examples of individual constituents under each chemical family and its potential therapeutic action.
- Map individual essential oils to create a Structure/Function biograms .
- Develop a blend based upon the chemistry of essential oils.
- Explain why a specific essential oil was chosen based upon its chemistry.
- Create a wide range of therapeutic products based upon your knowledge the chemistry of essential oils.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Are there prerequisites?
Anyone may register for this class. A Foundations level aromatherapy education is recommended but not required.
Does this course offer CE hours for aromatherapists?
This program is approved by the NCBTMB for 32 CE Hours for massage therapists through the NCBTMB) and for NAHA Aromatherapists (all levels).
Are you an approved school by a professional aromatherapy organization?
Yes, we are an approved school through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. This course will provide you with 15 CE Hours.
How does your program differ from all the others?
The School for Aromatic Studies is one of the leading schools in North America. We are often asked, What makes our school unique? I believe one of the most unique features is our balanced, progressive & inspiring education that leads to the cultivation of a new generation of aromatherapists to emerge and succeed!
What supplies are required?
No supplies required. We assume you have a range of essentials to work with.
Is this course all online?
Yes. This class is an online course. It includes videos and lesson PDFs.
Did you say I have access to the course for Life?
Yes, once you register for an online course, it is yours for life of the program!
Can I sign up if I don’t live in the United States?
Yes! We have students from all over the world taking courses with us. The presentation is in English.