Aromatic Formulation: Dynamics of Blending
Interested in learning how to blend with essential oils?
Jade Shutes has been the pioneer in creating unique approaches to blending with essential oils and other botanical ingredients since 1993 when she published her first edition of the Dynamics of Blending manual.
Now almost thirty years later and several editions of the manual, Jade is sharing updated and relevant material on Aromatic Formulation and the Dynamic of Blending for a new generation of aromatherapists! This courses includes 18+ prerecorded video recordings, course pdfs, worksheets, plus 2 live sessions with Jade!
Who is this course for?
- Individuals interested in formulating and making their own botanical skin care products, for their family, friends and community
- Massage Therapists and Estheticians who would like to make to either create your own line of products for your clients or to customize formulations
- The Aromatherapy Entrepreneur who would like to develop or expand their existing business
- Herbalists interested in integrating essential oils and other botanical ingredients into their products and/or practice
Our Dynamics of Blending course includes:
- 18+ HOURS of Pre-recorded video content devoted to the dynamics of blending
- PDF of our Dynamics of Blending Manual plus our NEW! Aromatic Studies Formulation workbook pdf
- Aromatic Studies Blending Reference Charts
- 1 year access to the Aromatic Studies Monograph Database!
- Experiential exercises to practice formulating at home, in your blending studio or in your office
- Certificate for Aromatic Formulation: Dynamics of Blending
- CE hours for aromatherapist
What you will learn
Introduction to the Dynamics of Blending
• Welcome to course
• Deep dive into our approaches to blending based upon Jade’s Dynamics of Blending Manual.
• Supplies and tools | Resources
Aromatic Studies Blending Framework
In this lesson, we will explore the blending process from the lens of:
• Product formulation (e.g. a cream, gel, inhaler, etc.)
• Consultation based formulation (customized to individual)
Emotional Realm: Morphology (Plant part) blending
• Learn how to blend utilizing Morphology blending approach
Therapeutic Actions and System Affinities
• Learn how to formulate with essential oils with our signature therapeutic actions and system affinities approach.
Chemistry: From Family to Individual Component
• Discover a new way of utilizing chemistry when blending essential oils.
• Learn how to formulate based upon chemical family and/or chemical component.
Dynamic Blending: Therapeutics of the Base
- In this lesson we will explore the use of a wide range of plant-based or plant-derived material, such as carrier oils or gels.
- You will learn why the therapeutic of the base for essential oils is a valuable tool in creating effective aromatic remedies.
Meet Your Instructor
Thirty years ago, while living in London, England, I was blessed to have my first experience with aromatherapy. Suffering with debilitating back pain, a friend referred me to her friend Sophie, who offered aromatherapy. The British approach to aromatherapy was and is through the application of the essential oils via massage. My first aromatherapy session was life-transforming! At some point during the massage I fell fast asleep, and upon waking the very first thought I had was “THIS is what I want to do for the rest of my life!”.
Within the year I was enrolled at the Raworth College of Natural Health in Dorking, England. I was trained in anatomy and physiology, basic chemistry (hardly a focus in those days!), applied kinesiology, reflexology, iridology, and of course, essential oils and massage. Shortly after graduating, I returned to Boston, MA, my home town, to set up a practice for aromatherapy. This was 1991.
And now thirty years later, that is what I have lived to do: educate, practice, research, and write. I believe in the power of education and have seen how it empowers our students and graduates with the knowledge, they need to thrive in the 21st century wellness movement.
Are there prerequisites?
This course is open for anyone looking to deepen their knowledge and experience working with aromatherapy.
What supplies are required?
No supplies are required for this course.
Are you an approved school by a professional aromatherapy organization?
Yes, we are an approved school through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) and the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA).
What makes your programs different from all the rest?
The School for Aromatic Studies is one of the leading schools in North America. We are often asked, What makes our school unique? I believe one of the most unique features is our balanced, progressive & inspiring education that leads to the cultivation of a new generation of aromatherapists to emerge and succeed!
Is this course all online?
Yes. This class is an online course. It includes videos, worksheets and lesson PDFs.
Did you say I have access to the course for Life?
Yes, once you register for an online course, it is yours for life of the program!
Can I sign up if I don’t live in the United States?
Yes! We have students from all over the world taking courses with us. The presentation is in English.