CO2 Extracts and Aromatherapy
With Instructor: Jade Shutes
Curious about CO2 extracts and their therapeutic role in aromatherapy?
Discover and learn what they are, their therapeutic benefits and how to use them.
Part 1 | Online Course
I: What are CO2 extracts?
- Introduction to CO2 Extracts
- Understanding the basics of CO2 extraction
- The difference between Total and Select extracts
- Are they really better then essential oils?
- Question and answer time
II: CO2 Extracts | Essential Oil Palette (3 hours)
- CO2 extracts versus Essential oils, including side to side comparisons of chemical composition, understanding similarities and differences, review of component research when relevant.
- Dosage and dilution rates of each extract
- Comparison between essential oil and co2 extract chemistry
- Monographs and discussion on 15 co2 extracts in this palette
III: CO2 Extracts | Carrier oil and Herbal oil Palettes
- CO2 extracts and Lipids
- The role of lipids and the skin
- Therapeutic potential of fatty acids and essential fatty acids
- Monographs on 2 herbal co2 extracts and 5 carrier co2 extracts
- Dosage and dilution rates of each extract
Part 2 | Online Course
Module 1: Welcome and Introduction to CO2 Extracts
Welcome to the CO2 Extracts Course
CO2 Extracts | Essential Oil Palette
CO2 Extracts | Herbal and Carrier Oil Palettes
CO2 Extracts | Botanical Body Care Palette
Module 2: CO2 Extracts | Essential Oil Palette
Angelica root CO2 Select Extract
Caraway CO2 Select Extract
Cardamom CO2 Total Extract
Celery seed CO2 Total Extract
German chamomile CO2 Select Extract
German Chamomile CO2 Total Extract
Cinnamon bark CO2 Select Extract
Clove bud CO2 Select Extract
Coriander seed CO2 Select Extract
Fenugreek CO2 Select Extract
Frankincense CO2 Select Extract
Ginger CO2 Extract (Select and Total)
Jasmine CO2 Select Extract
Juniper berry CO2 Select Extract
Lavender CO2 Select Extract
Rose CO2 Select Extract
Turmeric CO2 Total Extract
Module 3: CO2 Extracts | Herbal & Carrier Oil Palette
The Skin and the lipid matrix
Fatty acids and essential fatty acids
Arnica CO2 Total Extract
Calendula CO2 Total Extract
Pomegranate Seed CO2 Total Extract
Raspberry Seed CO2 Total Extract
Rosehip seed CO2 Total Extract
Sea Buckthorn CO2 Total Extract
BONUS ONLINE MODULE!
Module 4: CO2 Extracts | Botanical Body Care Palette
Vanilla CO2 Total Extract
Coffee bean CO2 Total Extract
Cocoa CO2 Select Extract
Coconut CO2 Select Extract
What Will You Learn?
- What CO2 extracts are: how they are extracted, the different CO2 extracts available, how they are different and similar to their essential oil counterparts
- Dilution rates for cutaneous/dermal application
- The therapeutic applications of CO2 extracts in clinical practice
Who Is This Course For?
- Individuals, aromatherapy enthusiasts interested in deepening their knowledge of aromatics
- Aromatherapy practitioners seeking to expand their knowledge and application of CO2 extracts
- Herbalists interested in integrating CO2 extracts into their practice
Meet Your Instructor
Thirty years ago, while living in London, England, I was blessed to have my first experience with aromatherapy. Suffering with debilitating back pain, a friend referred me to her friend Sophie, who offered aromatherapy. The British approach to aromatherapy was and is through the application of the essential oils via massage. My first aromatherapy session was life-transforming! At some point during the massage I fell fast asleep, and upon waking the very first thought I had was “THIS is what I want to do for the rest of my life!”.
Within the year I was enrolled at the Raworth College of Natural Health in Dorking, England. I was trained in anatomy and physiology, basic chemistry (hardly a focus in those days!), applied kinesiology, reflexology, iridology, and of course, essential oils and massage. Shortly after graduating, I returned to Boston, MA, my home town, to set up a practice for aromatherapy. This was 1991.
And now thirty years later, that is what I have lived to do: educate, practice, research, and write. I believe in the power of education and have seen how it empowers our students and graduates with the knowledge, they need to thrive in the 21st century wellness movement.
Are there prerequisites?
This course is open for anyone looking to developing an understanding of CO2 extracts and how they can be utilized in supporting health and emotional well-being.
Does this course offer CE hours for aromatherapists?
The course does provide CE hours or CPD hours for most aromatherapy associations.
Are you an approved school by a professional aromatherapy organization?
Yes, we are an approved school through the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. This course will provide you with 15 CE Hours.
What Makes your program different from all the others?
The School for Aromatic Studies is one of the leading schools in North America. We are often asked, What makes our school unique? I believe one of the most unique features is our balanced, progressive & inspiring education that leads to the cultivation of a new generation of aromatherapists to emerge and succeed!
What supplies are required?
No supplies are required for this course.
Is this course all online?
Yes. This class is an online course. It includes videos, worksheets and lesson PDFs.
Did you say I have access to the course for Life?
Yes, once you register for an online course, it is yours for life of the program!
Can I sign up if I don’t live in the United States?
Yes! We have students from all over the world taking courses with us. The presentation is in English.