Essential Oils and Skin Care: A Three Part Series
November 6 @ 6:30 pm - November 20 @ 9:30 pm
Tuesdays, November 6th, 13th + 20th | 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm EST
With Amandine Peter
Are you looking for a natural skincare alternative? Are you concerned about harmful chemicals and endocrine disruptors in industrial cosmetics? Are you looking for a holistic approach to addressing skin issues, and worrying about how to properly use essential oils on your skin? Yes? The this class is for you!
Our skin is our largest organ; it protects us and offers a pathway for many nutrients to find their way into our bodies. It’s also the way we “present to the world”, and can convey whatever is happening inside of our body including our emotions.
Taking good care of our skin goes beyond just a good skincare routine: it plays a role in our emotional well-being and the efficacy of our immune system.
Nature has manufactured the best remedies for our skin: Essential Oils! From anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties to skin cell regeneration and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, essential oils when properly formulated can make us look and feel amazing.
Join us, the New York Institute of Aromatic Studies, for this exciting and fun three classes journey, suited for beginners.
Class 1 | Tuesday, November 6th, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- Learn about essential oils and aromatherapy from the beginning!
- What is an essential oil?
- An overview of safety and quality of essential oils.
- Our skin; A brief overview of what it is and how it works and a discussion of what our skin needs to stay healthy.
- Experience 4-5 essential oils and learn their benefits for the skin.
- Make an aromatic roll-on product.
Class 2 | Tuesday, November 13th, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- A more in depth look at the skin’s structure and function; including a discussion of the skin’s microbiome.
- Importance of having a skincare routine.
- How the skin heals itself, and what we can do to support it.
- Experience 3-5 essential oils and learn their benefits for the skin.
- Scars: What they are and how to address them.
- Make a body butter.
Class 3 | Tuesday, November 20th, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm EST
- What is natural, or clean skin care? How is it difference than conventional offerings?
- Benefits of plant-based ingredients.
- A closer look at a few of our favorite base ingredients used in skincare; like, cocoa butter, nut and seed oils, aloe gel and hydrosols.
- A brief look at skin types.
- Face oils, and why they are such nutritive and fun products to make!
- Make your own face oil.