Cardamom Coffee Body Scrub
How’s this for a yummy delicious scrub for the body and mind: a combination of vanilla bean infused coconut oil with coffee infused sesame oil added to finely ground coffee and sugar with a hint of cardamom, black pepper and ginger essential oils…..sheer delight and beauty!
Here’s what you’ll need:
◻︎ Stainless steel spoon or wooden spoon
◻︎ Coffee grinder or purchase coffee already finely ground (espresso grind)
◻︎ Sterilized Glass containers for scrub (I purchased the jars here).
Ingredients: (to make 3 – 1 cup products)
◻︎ 1/2 cup Coffee infused sesame or jojoba oil
◻︎ 1/2 cup Vanilla infused coconut oil
◻︎ 1 cup Fine cane sugar or brown sugar
◻︎ 2 cups Finely ground coffee beans
◻︎ Essential oils of cardamom, black pepper, and ginger.
How to make coffee infused sesame oil:
In a clean jar (size dependent on how much you would like to make), fill 1/4 jar with finely ground organic coffee (espresso beans work wonders!) then cover with sesame or jojoba oil. Leave for 1-2 weeks. Strain through cheesecloth. The coffee infused oil is now ready to be used in the scrub.
How to make vanilla infused coconut oil:
In a double boiler, place 1 cup of coconut oil and 3 cut vanilla beans (with seeds). Gently heat for 4-6 hours. Strain through stainless steel mesh strainer. It’s okay if the seeds get in there as they are a nice addition to the scrub.
How to make the scrub: (makes approx. 3 cups)
1. In a clean glass bowl, combine 1 cup sugar with 2 cups finely ground coffee.
2. Add in 1/2 cup vanilla infused coconut oil (that has been warmed to make it liquid) and 1/2 cup coffee infused sesame oil. Add more coconut oil as needed for desired texture.
3. Stir until well combined.
4. Add 55 drops cardamom eo, 30 drops black pepper eo, and 45 drops ginger eo.
5. Stir until well combined.
6. Fill clean glass jars with scrub.
7. Wipe lids and around top of container with paper towel.
8. Place lid on container and clean outside of container with vodka or rubbing alcohol (this cleans the surface of the jar so the label sticks well).
9. Label. **You can use burlap yarn to decorate the jar a bit more.
**I used Label 250 from online labels.
To learn more about the cosmetic benefits of coffee, visit here!
Thank you for joining The School for Aromatic Studies and I as we share our favorite recipes and remedies!