This yummy facial elixir contains Raspberry seed oil, a rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids (think Omega 3, 6 and 9) and nourishing protective antioxidants such as bioflavonoids, tocopherols and tocotrienols, and phytosterols, plus it smells divine! Along with the raspberry seed oil is Calendula officinalis herbal infusion. Calendula is well known for its many benefits for the skin including wound healing and simply supporting the skins health and beauty.
The essential oils we chose for this beautiful facial elixir include: Cultivated carrot seed (not wild), Lavender, and Cistus, all of which support healthy cellular regeneration, reduce inflammation, and nourish the skin.
Here’s what you’ll need:
◻︎ Sterilized glass bottles with dropper caps
◻︎ Glass measuring cup (if making more than one ounce)
◻︎ Stainless steel fork, glass stirring rod or chop stick (ditto)
Ingredients: (to make one product)
◻︎ 1/2 ounce Raspberry seed oil or here!
◻︎ 1/2 ounce Calendula herbal infusion
◻︎ 6 drops Carrot seed oil (Daucus carota) *Cultivated not wild which has a completely different chemistry.
◻︎ 4 drops Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
◻︎ 5 drops Cistus (Cistus ladaniferus)
How to make: (one bottle)
1. Place drops of all three essential oils in a clean glass bottle. Gently whirl in hands to mix the essential oils.
2. Add in the raspberry seed and calendula oils.
3. Place finger or lid on bottle opening and shake vigorously for a couple of minutes.
4. Label the bottle.
5. Your Raspberry Facial Elixir is now ready to use!
6. After washing face or showering: Spritz face with Calendula or German chamomile hydrosol then squeeze a dropperful of the oil into your palm, then gently massage oil onto the facial skin.
7. Store facial elixir away from direct heat. Use within 3-6 months of making.
We hope you enjoy this beautiful skin nourishing facial elixir.
Thank you for joining the New York Institute for Aromatic Studies and I as we share our favorite recipes and remedies!
Walk in Beauty.