Coffee, coffee, coffee! Loving the coffee infused jojoba oil so decided to use it in a delicious lip balm.
Here’s what you’ll need:
◻︎ Stainless steel double boiler
◻︎ Stainless steel fork or whisk
◻︎ For Lip Balm: 3 – 1 ounce cardboard tubes + 2 – 0.15 Lip balm tubes or 15 – 0.15 Lip balm tubes
Ingredients for Lip Balm:
◻︎ 21 g Shea butter
◻︎ 14 g Coconut oil
◻︎ 14 g Beeswax
◻︎ 7 g Cocoa butter
◻︎ 21 g Coffee infused jojoba oil
How to make the lip balm: (Makes approx. 2.5 ounces of balm)
1. Weigh all ingredients and place into individual bowls or measuring cup.
2. Prepare double boiler by placing water in the lower half and then place the other pot on top. Put pot on stove and turn to medium heat.
3. Place beeswax in pot and allow to melt.
4. Just before beeswax is melted, add in coffee infused jojoba oil and shea butter.
5. Just before shea butter is completely melted, add in coconut oil and cocoa butter.
6. Stir so that all ingredients are well combined.
7. Remove from heat and wipe bottom of pot to remove water.
8. Stir in 30 drops of Cardamom essential oil.
9. Pour into tubes (carefully if using the cardboard tubes!)
10. Allow to sit and harden.
11. To smooth tops: turn oven on to broiler. Place tubes upright onto tray and place in oven.
12. This will only take a second or two…..once the top is melted, immediately remove from oven.
13. Allow to sit and harden again.
14. Label your product.
**I used this label from online labels.