How and What Information We Collect. In order to use certain services associated with the website, you may register with the School. When you register as a website user and/or student of the School, the School may collect certain personally identifiable information from you. This information may include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, age, gender, and other information volunteered by you, such as information provided through responses, registration, reviews, emails, postings, messages, and other electronic submissions sent by you to the School or any affiliated forums. You should not provide the School with any personally identifiable information (or submit any personally identifiable information to the School or any affiliated forums) unless you would like that information to be used by the School in accordance with this Policy. The School may also automatically collect information from you when you access the website, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol (“IP”) Address.
What We Do With Your Information. The School will NOT share your personally identifiable information with any third parties, including individuals, businesses, or government entities, without your consent. The School will share your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena, or other legal process or in the event you violate our Website Terms and Conditions. The School may use your information to notify you about recent or upcoming classes, workshops, events, activities, and sales sponsored by or occurring at the School; to contact you for marketing purposes, such as to offer information about products and services provided by and/or at the School that may interest you; and to improve the website and our affiliated forums.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights. If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Access to third-party accounts
Stripe account access and Dropbox account access
Facebook Audience Network
Personal Data: Cookies; unique device identifiers for advertising (Google Advertiser ID or IDFA, for example); Usage Data
Google Analytics with anonymized IP and Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook pixel)
Personal Data: Cookies; Usage Data
Contacting the User
Personal Data: address; city; email address; first name; last name; website; ZIP/Postal code
Mailing list or newsletter
Personal Data: email address; first name
Remarketing and behavioral targeting
Facebook Custom Audience
Personal Data: Cookies; email address
User database management
Owner and Data Controller
The School for Aromatic Studies
917 Sesame Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org