Become a Certified Aromatherapy Teacher
May 3-6, 2017 | Wellspring Mtn., Low Gap NC
With Amy Galper of the New York Institute of Aromatherapy
and Jade Shutes of the School for Aromatic Studies.
Teaching individuals about essential oils is so much more than just explaining what they are and how best to use them. It goes much deeper then that. And throughout our signature teacher training program you will be inspired and empowered to effectively and with love and a bit of humor, teach aromatherapy too!
Join us for a 4 day retreat to be held in the mountains of North Carolina! We will work together over 4 full days to cultivate your unique skills and talents so that you may become a great teacher with a unique and compelling teaching style.
Our Certified Aromatherapy Teacher Level I Training Program is designed for anyone passionate about educating others about essential oils in a meaningful and profound way. This unique 4 day program will provide the foundation, structure, tools and skills necessary to becoming an effective, dynamic, engaging and confident Certified Aromatherapy Teacher (CAT), Level I. Upon completion of the course students will be able to confidently design, teach and market short program classes and workshops, ranging from 45 minutes to a full day or weekend.
Aromatherapy is fast becoming one of the hottest trends in the mindful wellness and lifestyle movement and as awareness of their healing properties continues to grow, so does the need for trusted, experienced, educated and authentic educators.
This program will show you, step by step, how to be an extraordinary teacher. Taught by two of the field’s most dynamic and pioneering thought leaders, with 40+ years of combined experience, you will have the kind of personal attention and hands-on experience rarely offered in traditional teacher training programs.
This course will focus on preparing you to teach within a classroom setting as well as within your community. The role of a teacher, meaningfully connecting and inspiring others, extends to many parts of our lives outside of the classroom, so this program welcomes anyone who wishes to take their passion for essential oils to the next level, and develop the skills necessary to effectively convey the power of Aromatherapy and aromatic plant medicine to their clients, patients, social network, and perhaps most importantly, their community.
This is a level one Aromatherapy Teacher Training program. The School for Aromatic Studies will be offering level two Aromatherapy Teacher Training in May of 2018.
The time frame has been designed to allow our teachers to cultivate a year of experience prior to entering Level Two. We are dedicated to cultivating the next generation of aromatherapy educators!
SPACE IS LIMITED!
What the course will cover:
- Theories of Education; What makes an effective and inspiring teacher?
- Teaching Styles and Methods; Who is your audience? What’s the most effective style to reach them; Instructional Practices.
- Examining the physical (actual space), interpersonal dynamics, and organizing learning materials
- What it means to build community.
- The Lesson Plan: How to create.
- Course supplies and resources.
- Explore different learning styles and behaviors
- Skills to listen and recognize students’ unique contributions, gifts and different ways of absorbing information.
- Teaching tools; visuals, activities, group and partnering work
Importance of research
- How To Teach An Essential Oil: What are the most effective methods?
- Ways in which to connect to plants: Distillation experience.
- How to handle challenging personalities, and tips to encourage and inspire action.
- Teaching the Essential Wellness and Essential Therapeutic courses: presentations and customizing lesson plans.
- The business of teaching; Marketing, Legalities, Pricing
- Experiential teaching exercises throughout course.
- On-Site: $1250.
- Plus Room and Board: $500. includes 5 nights room, breakfast/lunch/dinner each full day and dinner on Tuesday evening and breakfast on Sunday morning. Mix of organic, local and wholesome food will be served. And lots of herbal tea! Water and coffee will be available as well.
- Live-Streaming: $1250.
*Plan on arriving on the 2nd and departing either late on the 6th or by 11am on Sunday the 7th.
**If you will be arriving later and/or leaving earlier, please let us know and we will send you a revised invoice via paypal.
Can I take the live-streaming course if I live in a different country and am on a different time schedule?
Yes. Each day will have live streaming which you can attend as it is happening or watch later. The class will be recorded and placed into the online platform so you can access it on your own time frame. Recordings will be placed in the online classroom within minutes of end of broadcast each session.
The recordings will be broken down by subject matter and each video recording will be 1 hour or less, making it easier to follow and watch!
If I attend via live-streaming, will I be able to participate?
Yes. All live-streaming participants will be able to send in written questions or feedback during the class session. There is a short 20 second lag but otherwise, we will receive it live and be able to respond.
How long will I have access to the online Teacher Training program?
Both live and live-streaming students will have lifetime access to the Teacher Training program online. Our vision is to cultivate a vibrant community of aromatherapy teachers who continue to grow and support one another and remain on top of leading topics in the field of aromatherapy education.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds are available up to two weeks prior to class. After that time, all course fees are non-refundable.
Are there prerequisites?
Yes. To attend the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program (Level 1), you need to have completed a Foundations of Aromatherapy training. To attend the Aromatherapy Teacher Training (Level 2), you need to have a Level 2 certification. A foundations level training from any school approved by NAHA is great.
Is this a Certification Course and are there be levels?
Yes! The School for Aromatic Studies and the New York Institute of Aromatherapy have designed a two level aromatherapy teacher training program. You can take just the Level One or continue to gain your level 2 aromatherapy teacher training certificate. Level 2 will be offered in the Spring of 2018. We are devoted to cultivating the next generation of aromatherapy educators!
Can I earn CE hours?
Yes, our Aromatherapy Teacher Training program is approved by the NCBTMB for 35 CE hours.
Will I be able to certify people once I complete this program?
Yes and no. The main emphasis of the Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training certification program is on community education. This is by far the largest area of growth for aromatherapy education.
This course also serves as the foundations for all instructors to be certified with the School for Aromatic Studies. Our Level Two Aromatherapy Teacher Training certification program will teach students how to teach certification classes. We feel that a year of teaching 2-3 hour classes and 8 hour classes will provide the teacher with the necessary foundation and skills to then move into teaching full certification courses.
Meet Your Instructors
What is included in the Aromatherapy Teacher Training Program?
In addition to 4 days of training, you will receive the School for Aromatic Studies Aromatherapy Teacher Training manual. The manual includes 40 essential oil monographs, sample class outlines, and our signature Essential Wellness and Essential Therapeutics courses to customize to your 'brand'. Manual includes: Powerpoint slides for 40 essential oils.
What do I need to do to complete certification?
Each student will need to complete the following to successfully complete the Teacher Training Program (Level One):
- Design a short class (exact exercise will be handed out during class).
- Live class students: Present to fellow students
- Live streaming students: TBA
- Complete all exercises in course.
Will I be able to teach certification course?
The Level One Aromatherapy Teacher Training Certificate course has been designed to teach individuals how to create community education. You will leave being able to teach the "Essential Wellness" and "Essential Therapeutics" courses along with the ability to design and teach 2 - 3 hour presentations to a full day class.
Where is the live training course being held?
The School for Aromatic Studies Aromatherapy Teacher Training program will be held at Wellspring Mountain, in Low Gap, NC.
Where should I fly into?
Students attending the live class will want to fly into the Greensboro Airport (Wellspring is 1 hour and 10 minutes away from the airport) or RDU (2+ hour drive).
We will be connecting students for ride shares as soon as possible!
What kind of rooms are available at Wellspring?
We are offering three types of rooms at Wellspring.
- Dorm Room (3 beds in room) - Included in $500. room and board fee.
- Private Room in Lodge (6) - $75. surcharge for private room.
- Private cabin (5) - $100. surcharge for private cabin
- NOTE: Surcharge is for your total stay, it is NOT per night.
- The facility has two main washrooms a short walk from any of these locations.
- The facility also has a student kitchen with fridge, stove, kettle, and a place to store any food you may bring with you.
Please email Nancy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will invoice you for private room or private cabin.
What is the class schedule like?
- May 2nd Tuesday: Gathering and Dinner at 6pm
- May 3rd Wednesday: 9 - 5pm (Lunch: 12:30 - 2)
- May 4th Thursday: 9 - 5pm
- May 5th Friday: 9 - 5pm
- May 6th Saturday: 9 - 5pm (can depart after 5pm)
- May 7th Sunday: Breakfast and Departures
- One Evening Gathering: tba