‘Tis the season for lip balms!
Here is our recipe for Vegan Coconut Lime Lip Balm:
- 29.07g Coconut oil (51%)
- 14.25g Calendula herbal oil (25%)
- 13.11g Candelilla wax (23%) **You could go down to about 20%. At 23%, this formulation works best in tins. 18-20% would be good in lip balm tubes.
- 1 g Distilled Lime essential oil (2%)
I use this scale for making small batches like this. It works incredibly well and is good to have if you are planning on making your own body care products!
- Using a double boiler, place the candelilla wax in first.
- Once the candelilla wax is almost melted, stir in coconut and calendula oil into the wax.
- Stir mixture with a stainless steel fork to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
- Once all ingredients are melted, remove pot from double boiler. Dry bottom of pot off.
- Stir in essential oil.
- Pour into 1/2 ounce and/or 1 ounce tins. (I like to use the 1 ounce tins. You can get tins on amazon or at sks packaging.)
- Label. *For 1 ounce tins, I use this label.